Regular price $15.00
Unit pricet per
- 16oz/473mL 6220161
- 4oz/120mL 6220041
- restock 1Gal/3.7L 6221281
Solvent Free Degreaser
- Highly concentrated. Activate with water for incredible results or dilute for lighter degreasing tasks.
- Engineered to fight its way to metal surfaces and stay there, then attack and break free the bonds holding oils, soils, and grime in place, and finally dissolve and contain to carry it all away.
- Safe on any material, fully biodegradable, solvent-free, plant-derived, and zero-VOC.
Degreaser 13 is a highly concentrated degreaser engineered for use with water to tackle tough degreasing tasks. Developed from scratch, specifically for the challenges of bicycle drivetrain degreasing, the advanced formula is engineered to fight its way to metal surfaces and stay there, then attack and break free the bonds holding oils, soils, and grime in place, and work together with water to dissolve and contain to carry it all away. Activate with water for incredible results on tough jobs or dilute for lighter degreasing tasks. Fully water soluble and further activated by scrubbing, agitation, and rinsing, the result is a spotless residue-free drivetrain. The advanced formula is also safe to use on any material, fully biodegradable, solvent-free, plant-derived, and zero-VOC.
- Pour a small amount of degreaser onto a brush or rag and quickly scrub onto part to be degreased. We suggest using our Toothbrush or Parts Cleaning Brush (Pro Brush Kit). Repeat until all surfaces are coated. Let sit for 3-5 minutes.
- Continue scrubbing at parts, wetting brush with water as you go, until the dirt and oil is visibly combined with the degreaser.
- Rinse well with water from a spray bottle or a hose using low to medium pressure.
- Wipe dry with rag or shake water off of parts as needed. Let fully dry before applying lubricant.
Use with Chain Pig Chain Cleaner
For most chain cleanings, Degreaser 13 should be diluted with two parts water when used in the Chain Pig. It can be pre-diluted or both can be added to Chain Pig and will dilute during use. For extremely greasy chains, Degreaser 13 can be used at lesser dilutions up to full strength. More rinse cycles with water will be needed. Please refer to Chain Pig II User Manual.
Small Parts Cleaning
To clean small greasy parts such as bearings, chains, hardware, etc, Degreaser 13 can be used in a small water-tight container such as a plastic bottle, old water bottle, glass jar. Ideally the container will be just large enough that the part can sit flat on the bottom.
- Place parts into the container and pour enough Degreaser 13 to coat surfaces of the parts.
- Seal container tightly and shake the container vigorously for 1-2 minutes, changing direction occasionally.
- Open container and add water until parts are fully submerged. Reseal and shake for another 30 seconds.
- Pour out dirty liquid from the container being careful not to let the parts fall out. Refill with clean water, and shake for another 30 seconds to rinse parts. Repeat as necessary until water runs clean and foaming has stopped.
- Remove parts from container and wipe dry.
Ultrasonic Tank Parts Cleaning
Degreaser 13 is perfect for use in ultrasonic tanks. Dilute with a minimum of two parts water up to thirty parts water. Heated ultrasonic tanks are compatible with Degreaser 13 and will enhance cleaning in most cases. Heating may also allow further dilution.
Degreaser 13 vs Pig Juice
Degreaser 13 and Pig Juice share a similar solvent-free base chemistry but differ in power, viscosity, and price. Both are biodegradable, non-hazardous, non-flammable, zero VOC, plant-based, and safe to use on any material. The chemistry technology behind both is engineered to fight its way to metal surfaces, then attack and break free the bonds holding oils, soils, and grime in place, and finally dissolve and contain to carry it all away. Both are designed to work in conjunction with water which acts as the "solvent".
Degreaser 13 is more powerful and concentrated with a higher viscosity and price point. The extra power tackles the toughest degreasing jobs and the concentrated formula is perfect for the mechanic that likes to play with dilution to match the job at hand. Used straight from the bottle, the high viscosity is perfect for applying to drivetrain components because it doesn’t drip off and is very efficient. It is further activated by water and also requires a bit more rinsing than Pig Juice because of the high concentration. Pig Juice features a little less raw power but is pre-activated to make sure it flows nicely into tight spaces like chains and also to require less rinsing. Pig Juice was designed for optimal performance in the Chain Pig chain cleaner when used straight out of the bottle. It works great for all other degreasing tasks as well. Pig Juice is also fragrance-free and dye-free.
Quick Compare: Cleaners