Performance Wet Lube
- The original synthetic chain lube formulated specifically for mountain bikes
- Superior wear protection, efficiency and durabilty for extreme conditions/mileage
- Unique detergents break down and isolate dirt protecting the surfaces of your chain
This is the product that started it all back in 1989. This breakthrough lubricant revolutionized the entire chain lube market. This full synthetic lubricant is designed to handle the harshest conditions and outlast other lubes in all conditions. Syn Lube is formulated with extreme pressure additives, corrosion inhibitors, and tackifiers to provide incredible wear protection, lubrication, and staying power in extreme wet and muddy conditions. Unique polymer detergents also work to break down dirt protecting the surfaces of your chain. Go ahead, play in the mud.
- Apply lubricant to rollers of the chain while backpedaling drivetrain.
- For best performance, wait at least 1 hour.
- Before riding use a rag to wipe off all excess lubricant from outside surfaces of chain.
To get the best performance from your chain lubricant, it is important to choose one that matches your riding conditions. Pedro’s offers a lubricant for all types of conditions from dry desert riding to the mud and snow of a New England cross race. Each bottle of Pedro’s chain lubricant offers a “Lube-O-Meter” with easy to understand icons to help you choose the correct lubricant. These can also be found on each product page. The following provides a general overview for our four lubricants:
Properly applying lubricant will ensure you get the best performance possible. Check out our Guide: How to Lube Your Chain to learn the proper technique.
Vegetable oils provide many advantages over petroleum and straight synthetic lubricants. To learn more, check out our write-up Why Use Vegetable Oil-based Lubes?.
A clean bike is a happy bike! Keeping your bike clean is an essential part of bicycle maintenance ensuring better performance, increased safety, easier repairs, increased life of all parts of the bike, and more fun on your next ride! Check out our Bike Wash Guide: Complete Cleaning and Bike Wash Guide: Quick Wash & Lube to learn the proper techniques and make your bike look and run like new.