Powerful Degreaser with Unique Blend of Citrus Solvent and Surfactants
- Unique citrus-based solvent/surfactant blend quickly dissolves away grease and grime.
- Low surface tension allows superior penetration for complete degreasing.
- Biodegradable, water-soluble formula easily rinses away.
Oranj Peelz has quickly and effectively degreased drivetrains for more than twenty years using a unique citrus-based solvent/surfactant blend. Designed specifically for bicycle drivetrain degreasing, the powerful, biodegradable formula penetrates into every surface and quickly loosens and dissolves even the toughest drivetrain grime. The water soluble formula rinses easily leaving surfaces residue-free.
Oranj Peelz General Use:
- Pour a small amount of degreaser onto a brush or rag and quickly scrub onto part to be degreased. We suggest using our Toothbrush or Part Cleaning Brush (Pro Brush Kit). Repeat until all surfaces are coated. Let sit for 3-5 minutes.
- Continue scrubbing at parts, wetting brush with water as you go, until the dirt and oil is visibly combined with the degreaser.
- Rinse well with water from a spray bottle or a hose using low to medium pressure.
- Wipe dry with rag or shake water off of parts as needed. Let fully dry before applying lubricant.
Oranj Peelz in Chain Pig Chain Cleaner:
For most chain cleanings, Oranj Peelz should be diluted with two parts water when used in the Chain Pig. It can be pre-diluted or both can be added to Chain Pig and will dilute during use. For extremely greasy chains, Oranj Peelz can be used at lesser dilutions up to full strength. More rinse cycles with water will be needed. Please refer to Chain Pig II User Manual.
Oranj Peelz Small Parts Cleaning:
To clean small greasy parts such as bearings, chains, hardware, etc, Oranj Peelz can be used in a small water-tight container such as a plastic bottle, old water bottle, glass jar. Ideally the container will be just large enough that the part can sit flat on the bottom.
- Place parts into the container and pour enough Oranj Peelz to coat surfaces of the parts.
- Seal container tightly and shake the container vigorously for 1-2 minutes, changing direction occasionally.
- Open container and add water until parts are fully submerged. Reseal and shake for another 30 seconds.
- Pour out dirty liquid from the container being careful not to let the parts fall out. Refill with clean water, and shake for another 30 seconds to rinse parts. Repeat as necessary until water runs clean and foaming has stopped.
- Remove parts from container and wipe dry.
Oranj Peelz Ultrasonic Tank Parts Cleaning:
Oranj Peelz is a combustible liquid and is therefore not recommended for use in ultrasonic tanks.
A clean bike is a happy bike! Keeping your bike clean is an essential part of bicycle maintenance ensuring better performance, increased safety, easier repairs, increased life of all parts of the bike, and more fun on your next ride! Check out our Bike Wash Guide: Complete Cleaning and Bike Wash Guide: Quick Wash & Lube to learn the proper techniques and make your bike look and run like new.
Read on to learn more about these two important types of cleaners.
Bike Wash: Used for general purpose cleaning of the entire bike. Bike wash is designed to remove dirt, dust, mud, road salt, and other general grime. However, bike wash will not remove oils or grease (see degreaser). This makes bike wash safe to use anywhere on the bike without risk of accidentally washing away important grease. Using bike wash frequently will make each cleaning easier and your bike looking like new. Pedro’s bike wash is called Green Fizz. Bike Wash can also be used to clean drivetrain parts, but as mentioned above, will not be effective as a degreaser to remove oils. That said, if you don’t plan to use a degreaser, bike wash will be better than nothing.
Degreaser: Used for heavy-duty cleaning of drivetrain parts (gears and chain). Degreasers are designed to be very powerful allowing them to remove grease, oils, and tough grime. Many degreasers achieve their cleaning power with solvents. Many different types of solvent ingredients are used from naturally derived citrus solvents to other common solvents such as mineral spirits. Because of the solvents, most degreasers are considering hazardous and require care to make sure they are used only on metal parts and not plastic, paint, or rubber. Pedro’s had always used as little solvent as possible in its degreasers. Our Oranj Peelz degreaser was developed more than 20 years ago and contains less than 30% solvent content; far less than our competitors even today. Oranj Peelz’s secret sauce is actually in its non-solvent ingredients and we’ve recently used this knowledge to develop our first fully solvent-free degreasers: Degreaser 13 and Pig Juice. We’re proud to say, they are the best degreasers we’ve ever used, and can be safely used on any material. That said, because of their cleaning power, they can still potentially remove grease and oil that you might want to keep, so care should be used when applying to your bike.
Oranj Peelz and Pro J are designed for drivetrains specifically. However, they can be used on other portions of the bike for stubborn grease and grime, but need to be rinsed well with water within 5-10 minutes of application to prevent damage. Pedro’s recently introduced two new solvent-free degreasers, Degreaser 13 and Pig Juice, which can safely be used on any material or finish and are better choice of degreasers for use on non-drivetrain parts. Green Fizz bike wash is also a great option for risk-free cleaning on any material. If Pro J or Oranj Peelz or Pro J comes into contact with non-drivetrain parts unintentionally, rinse well with water as soon as possible.