Degreaser and Cleaner
- Makes drivetrain cleaning quick, easy, and safe. Perfect in the Chain Pig!
- Incredibly effective pre-activated formula quickly removes oils, soils, and grime.
- Safe on any material, biodegradable, solvent-free, plant-derived, and zero-VOC.
Developed specifically for our grime-devouring Chain Pig chain cleaner, Pig Juice is an impressively effective and economical degreaser/cleaner that makes bicycle drivetrain cleaning quick, easy, and safe for anyone from novice to professional. Pig Juice features an advanced pre-activated formula that quickly penetrates & loosens, removing oils, soils, and grime with less scrubbing & rinsing, and leaves spotless residue-free parts. Free of harsh chemicals, gentle enough to use on any material, fully biodegradable, fragrance-free, dye-free, solvent-free, plant-derived, and zero-VOC.
Pig Juice General Use:
- Pour a small amount of degreaser onto a brush or rag and quickly scrub onto part to be degreased. We suggest using our Toothbrush or Parts Cleaning Brush (Pro Brush Kit). Repeat until all surfaces are coated. Let sit for 3-5 minutes.
- Continue scrubbing at parts, wetting brush with water as you go, until the dirt and oil is visibly combined with the degreaser.
- Rinse well with water from a spray bottle or a hose using low to medium pressure.
- Wipe dry with rag or shake water off of parts as needed. Let fully dry before applying lubricant.
Pig Juice in Chain Pig Chain Cleaner:
Pig Juice was developed specifically for use in the Chain Pig. Please refer to Chain Pig II User Manual.
Pig Juice Manual Small Parts Cleaning:
To clean small greasy parts such as bearings, chains, hardware, etc, Pig Juice can be used in a small water-tight container such as a plastic bottle, old water bottle, glass jar. Ideally the container will be just large enough that the part can sit flat on the bottom.
- Place parts into the container and pour enough Pig Juice to coat surfaces of the parts.
- Seal container tightly and shake the container vigorously for 1-2 minutes, changing direction occasionally.
- Open container and add water until parts are fully submerged. Reseal and shake for another 30 seconds.
- Pour out dirty liquid from the container being careful not to let the parts fall out. Refill with clean water, and shake for another 30 seconds to rinse parts. Repeat as necessary.
- Remove parts from container and wipe dry.
Pig Juice Ultrasonic Tank Parts Cleaning:
Pig Juice is perfect for use in ultrasonic tanks. It may be used anywhere between full strength or diluted with up to 10 parts water. Heated ultrasonic tanks are compatible with Pig Juice and will enhance cleaning in most cases.
Degreaser 13 vs Pig Juice
Degreaser 13 and Pig Juice share a similar solvent-free base chemistry but differ in power, viscosity, and price. Both are biodegradable, non-hazardous, non-flammable, zero VOC, plant-based, and safe to use on any material. The chemistry technology behind both is engineered to fight its way to metal surfaces, then attack and break free the bonds holding oils, soils, and grime in place, and finally dissolve and contain to carry it all away. Both are designed to work in conjunction with water which acts as the "solvent".
Degreaser 13 is more powerful and concentrated with a higher viscosity and price point. The extra power tackles the toughest degreasing jobs and the concentrated formula is perfect for the mechanic that likes to play with dilution to match the job at hand. Used straight from the bottle, the high viscosity is perfect for applying to drivetrain components because it doesn’t drip off and is very efficient. It is further activated by water and also requires a bit more rinsing than Pig Juice because of the high concentration. Pig Juice features a little less raw power but is pre-activated to make sure it flows nicely into tight spaces like chains and also to require less rinsing. Pig Juice was designed for optimal performance in the Chain Pig chain cleaner when used straight out of the bottle. It works great for all other degreasing tasks as well. Pig Juice is also fragrance-free and dye-free.