Cassette Removal Tool
- Innovative locking cassette removal tool available only from Pedro's
- Secure, no-slip, no bloody knuckles, way to hold cassette during removal - once you try it you'll never go back!
- Made from heat-treated tool steel for the ultimate in strength and long-lasting performance
- Adjustable to fit 11-23 tooth gear sizes
- Compatible with all multi-gear cassettes including 11-Speed
Do you just LOVE fumbling with awkward tools, slamming you knuckles into sharp gear teeth, and making tasks harder than they should be?? If so, you should stop reading and give your chain whip a big hug! However, if you've been looking to throw your chain whip into the woods, never to be seen again, you've come to the right place. The Pedro's Vise Whip is simply a better solution for holding your cassette during removal. This innovative tool was developed by Pedro's in close collaboration with legendary frame builder and cycling technical author Lennard Zinn. The Vise Whip is beautifully simple to use, adjusts to fit 11-23 tooth gears on all multi-gear cassettes including 11-speed, and locks in place during use. Once you try it, you'll never go back to a chain whip again. Backed by Pedro's lifetime warranty.
The Vise Whip will work on cogs intended for 3/32″ internal width chains but not ones for 1/8″ of larger.
When used properly, the Vise Whip does not cause any damage to the cassette. Despite the use of the same mechanism found in vise grip pliers, the Vise Whip differs in its function and does not need to clamp down on the cog to work properly. Most people adjust the Vise Whip so that it just barely clamps to the size of the cog. However, even adjusting so the Vise Whip is a little loose when clamped will work as well.