Essential Bike Care Kit
Degrease, Wash, and Lube Value Kit
The Essential Bike Care Kit includes the essential bike care products every rider needs to wash, degrease, and lube their bike. An incredible value, the kit includes a 4oz Pig Juice Degreaser, 4oz Green Fizz 16X Concentrate which makes 2+ Liters of Green Fizz bike wash, and a 4oz Chainj chain lube.
Pig Juice Degreaser: Pig Juice is an impressively effective and economical degreaser/cleaner that makes bicycle drivetrain cleaning quick, easy, and safe for anyone from novice to professional. Pig Juice features an advanced pre-activated formula that quickly penetrates & loosens, removing oils, soils, and grime with less scrubbing & rinsing, and leaves spotless residue-free parts. Free of harsh chemicals, gentle enough to use on any material, fully biodegradable, fragrance-free, dye-free, solvent-free, plant-derived, and zero-VOC.
Green Fizz Bike Wash: The improved Green Fizz bike wash safely, naturally, & effectively removes tough dirt & grime from the whole bike. Developed specifically for bicycle washing, Green Fizz can safely be used on any material without risk of damage or washing away grease/lube from critical parts. The pre-activated, biodegradable formula uses advanced plant-derived surfactants and incredible foaming action to reach surfaces and loosen dirt allowing it to be easily wiped or rinsed away leaving your bike looking like new. Free of harsh chemicals, gentle enough to use on any material, fully biodegradable, phosphate-free, solvent-free, plant-derived, and zero-VOC. 4oz of Green Fizz 16X concentrate makes 64oz of Green Fizz RTU!
Chainj Chain Lube: Designed for mixed to wet conditions, Chainj is an advanced biodegradable vegetable/synthetic oil blend engineered to provide superior efficiency, wear protection, and durability. The vegetable oil is not only sustainable but also associates ionically with metal surfaces creating a resilient protective barrier for added life and increased anti-wear properties. Additionally, Chainj features detergent properties which actively dissolve and isolate dirt as you ride. Great for lubrication of parts too!
Pig Juice General Use:
- Pour a small amount of degreaser onto a brush or rag and quickly scrub onto part to be degreased. We suggest using our Toothbrush or Parts Cleaning Brush (Pro Brush Kit). Repeat until all surfaces are coated. Let sit for 3-5 minutes.
- Continue scrubbing at parts, wetting brush with water as you go, until the dirt and oil is visibly combined with the degreaser.
- Rinse well with water from a spray bottle or a hose using low to medium pressure.
- Wipe dry with rag or shake water off of parts as needed. Let fully dry before applying lubricant.
Green Fizz 16X Concentrate Instructions:
To refill Green Fizz ready-to-use or other spray bottles,
- Fill bottle with 15 parts water (15fl-oz for 16oz bottle).
- Add one part Green Fizz 16X Concentrate (1fl-oz for 16oz bottle).
- Shake well to mix.
To use Green Fizz 16X Concentrate in bucket of water,
- Fill bucket with water.
- Add 0.5 fl-oz Green Fizz 16X Concentrate for each gallon of water.
- Activate with quick spray of water into bucket.
Green Fizz General Cleaning:
- Rinse bike thoroughly with water using low to medium pressure.
- Spray Green Fizz onto the entire bike and let sit 2-3 minutes. Green Fizz is safe to use on all parts and materials.
- Scrub at any tough grime using a brush, sponge, or rag, as needed.
- Rinse well with water using low to medium pressure.
- Shake bottle well before applying.
- Apply to rollers of chain while backpedaling. If applying to a dirty chain, wipe well immediately after first application, and then apply a second time.
- Cycle chain for 15-20 seconds to distribute lube.
- For maximum cleanliness, wipe excess lube from outside surfaces of chain.
- For best performance, wait at least 1 hour before riding.
Bike Care Kit
Properly applying lubricant will ensure you get the best performance possible. Check out our Guide: How to Lube Your Chain to learn the proper technique.
Clearly it is important for a chain lube to perform well and be long lasting. So why would you want it to biodegrade? Take a look at the write-up Should Chain Lube Biodegrade? to get a quick look at how biodegradation works and reasons why choosing biodegradable chain lube might be a better for your bike, for you, and for the planet.
Chainj is pronounced just like change. Saying Chainj as Chain-Jay is incorrect, but we’ll still like you even if you call it that!
A clean bike is a happy bike! Keeping your bike clean is an essential part of bicycle maintenance ensuring better performance, increased safety, easier repairs, increased life of all parts of the bike, and more fun on your next ride! Check out our Bike Wash Guide: Complete Cleaning and Bike Wash Guide: Quick Wash & Lube to learn the proper techniques and make your bike look and run like new.
Read on to learn more about these two important types of cleaners.
Bike Wash: Used for general purpose cleaning of the entire bike. Bike wash is designed to remove dirt, dust, mud, road salt, and other general grime. However, bike wash will not remove oils or grease (see degreaser). This makes bike wash safe to use anywhere on the bike without risk of accidentally washing away important grease. Using bike wash frequently will make each cleaning easier and your bike looking like new. Pedro’s bike wash is called Green Fizz. Bike Wash can also be used to clean drivetrain parts, but as mentioned above, will not be effective as a degreaser to remove oils. That said, if you don’t plan to use a degreaser, bike wash will be better than nothing.
Degreaser: Used for heavy-duty cleaning of drivetrain parts (gears and chain). Degreasers are designed to be very powerful allowing them to remove grease, oils, and tough grime. Many degreasers achieve their cleaning power with solvents. Many different types of solvent ingredients are used from naturally derived citrus solvents to other common solvents such as mineral spirits. Because of the solvents, most degreasers are considering hazardous and require care to make sure they are used only on metal parts and not plastic, paint, or rubber. Pedro’s had always used as little solvent as possible in its degreasers. Our Oranj Peelz degreaser was developed more than 20 years ago and contains less than 30% solvent content; far less than our competitors even today. Oranj Peelz’s secret sauce is actually in its non-solvent ingredients and we’ve recently used this knowledge to develop our first fully solvent-free degreasers: Degreaser 13 and Pig Juice. We’re proud to say, they are the best degreasers we’ve ever used, and can be safely used on any material. That said, because of their cleaning power, they can still potentially remove grease and oil that you might want to keep, so care should be used when applying to your bike.